The Ortiz International Center is an open shop venue. Choice labor for unloading, installing, dismantling and removal is at the discretion of the vendor/exhibitor.
Event security, food and beverage, utilities services, housekeeping/janitorial and setup are the exclusive services to be ordered directly through your Event Coordinator.
Yes. Quite often we can provide your AV services at lesser rate than an outside company. We also partner with our preferred Audio Visual vendor, Advanced Nations Audio Visual for extensive needs. We welcome the opportunity to bid on your AV needs.
The Ortiz International Center has it's own experienced culinary team. Award-winning Executive Chef Kirsten Pawelek has created an international menu that is sure to liven your taste buds. Chef Pawelek along with Sous Chef Craig Lemner welcome any opportunity to create custom menus for your event.
For the safety and comfort of all our visitors, animals are not permitted in the Ortiz Center. However, animals that are part of an approved exhibit, display or performance, which absolutely requires the use of an animal, will be permitted on a case by case basis. The customer is responsible for obtaining all appropriate permits. Guide, signal or service dogs (as defined by Law) are allowed in the Ortiz Center. All sanitary needs for animals are the responsibility of the show or guest.
The Ortiz International Center does have carts that can be borrowed through Event Management Staff.
· Yes, Spectra allows for sampling during an event. However, there are restrictions as follows:
· Samples can not be greater than 2 oz.
· Samples must be manufactured, processed or distributed by the exhibiting firm.
· Samples must be related to participation in the event.
· For public health reasons, restrooms, concession stands and/or facility kitchens may not be used as exhibitor clean-up areas.
· Costs associated with the disposal of trash, waste, grease, and any other sampling-related item from the exhibitor sampling area are the responsibility of the client.
· Securing all necessary licenses and permits is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
· Exhibitors are responsible for complying with all local county health department regulations regarding food sampling, storage, equipment, and temperature. If they are not in compliance or do not obtain the proper permits, the Health Department can shut down their booth.
Outside food and/or beverages are not allowed to be brought inside the Ortiz International Center. All food and/or beverages must be ordered through a Sales Manager.
The Ortiz International Center offers complimentary Wi-Fi- throughout the entire facility.
You may order services by clicking https://forms.gle/X3DUZ7gu3BqJLJ7eA. Once you have completed and submitted your order, you will receive a phone call from our Administrative Assistant to collect payment via credit/debit card.
Please see our Parking & Directions page
Please see our Parking & Directions page for specific instructions on taking public transportation.
The Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach is located 3 miles from the convention center. There are several more hotels nearby that offer complimentary shuttle service.
Here is a link to nearby restaurants. Click for List
The Ortiz International Center can accept a small amount of packages prior to move in and a fee may be charged based on weight. The amount of packages that can be accepted will be dependent on the events that are booked prior to the event receiving package.
The Ortiz International Center does not have an ATM.
Please see our career opportunities page and see what positions may be available at the Ortiz Center or within our company nation wide.